Mini^3
Nov 19, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #18 of 21
Just wanna remind insyte:
Mini3 got more power when plug-in with external power supply, due to the higher voltages.
For example, the 9V recharge battery could only give a 4.5v to 4.5V swing, while with external 12V adapter, it can be 6V to 6V.
So if you're going to use it with HD650, remember to plug in the DC adapter!

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by callmevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does the mini^3 compare to a corda move, lisa3, iQube when driving hd650 and the dt880? (maybe k701) ?

I wish I could answer your question but the mini^3 is my only amp atm
smily_headphones1.gif
For the AKG K701, the mini^3 has enough juice to bring it to adequate listening volume, but Im still waiting for my desktop amp to arrive for a better comparison
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azathoth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 for Ferd's Mini^3 amp! Drives all of my cans very well, with the px100 and the sr-80 seeing the most improvement. I wish it had longer battery life and shorter charging time though.

Those two are very easy to drive and for sure the mini^3 would perform well
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by killkli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wanna remind insyte:
Mini3 got more power when plug-in with external power supply, due to the higher voltages.
For example, the 9V recharge battery could only give a 4.5v to 4.5V swing, while with external 12V adapter, it can be 6V to 6V.
So if you're going to use it with HD650, remember to plug in the DC adapter!

I didn't realize this, cause most of the time I listen to it with the HD650/AKG701, its usually plugged in. More juice is better. Thanks for this information
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by callmevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does the mini^3 compare to a corda move, lisa3, iQube when driving hd650 and the dt880? (maybe k701) ?

thats a bit of an unfair comparison. the mini^3 does punch well above its weight but IMO is definitely well beaten by the lisaIII and not sure about the Iqube because I haven't heard one, but i'm pretty sure it would come out on top. Also if you are talking high imp cans then there is no competitor to the LisaIII IMO the SR71A might come close, but for sheer power the mini^3 wont come even close. but both the lisa III and SR71A are huge when compared to the average mini^3.

IMO the lisa III is the closest any portable amp gets to sounding like a home amp and I will not rest until I make her mine
icon10.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats a bit of an unfair comparison. the mini^3 does punch well above its weight but IMO is definitely well beaten by the lisaIII and not sure about the Iqube because I haven't heard one, but i'm pretty sure it would come out on top. Also if you are talking high imp cans then there is no competitor to the LisaIII IMO the SR71A might come close, but for sheer power the mini^3 wont come even close. but both the lisa III and SR71A are huge when compared to the average mini^3.

IMO the lisa III is the closest any portable amp gets to sounding like a home amp and I will not rest until I make her mine
icon10.gif

lol thanks for that attempt. well i wasnt expecting the mini to > lisa3, was only looking for how far behind is it.. 50% of lisa? 80% of lisa? and of that, how far is it off of the 2move..

but yeah, am trying to work my way to getting a Lisa! haha tis a tough mission

Users who are viewing this thread

Back