Mimicking other iems using Squiglink FR's
Jun 2, 2022 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sgtbilko

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I read recently that you can create AutoEQ & EQ settings for your iems on Squiglink by displaying 1) your iem and 2) the iem you wish to emulate and then outputting the difference under the Equalizer tab.

I looked at this and have found that it can give you varying results - depending on the way you select the order of your iems. As a newby to it, I'm not sure what should be the correct way to do this.

If any good soul could help me work out the correct way, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 26, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 6
good luck have fun. Recommend Qudelix 5k, a portable bluetooth DAC that can do PEQ.

1656256409818.png

Jun 28, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for this. I have the 5k too, so will get testing!
You're welcome. I'm digging further to learn how to average L & R measurements to import AVG FR into this tool.
Besides, there's something called the compensation graph that needs to be used on certain measurements from AutoEQ github. Because the FR were measured differently, therefore the targets are different. This is a question I yet to find an answer (on how to use the compensation measurements)

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #5 of 6
1. Choose 2 iems in any order from the main list.
2. Choose 1 of the iems under Parametric equalizer selector. This chosen iem will get eq'ed to sound as the other iem you chose in step 1.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 6
Does anyone know how I can download the FR of an IEM I own from a squig link to compare it to another earphone uploaded by another reviewer?

I'm trying to EQ the HiFiMan RE400 to the Kiwi Ears Quartet but I can't find any squig link that has both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back