Micro Portable 2007 digital input selection
Feb 16, 2008 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sasaki

500+ Head-Fier
I recently got Micro Portable 2007 with DAC option. I use this with iHP140 via sys-concept optical cable to the internal DAC.
This setup works very nice and the SQ is amazing, thanks.

However, I found the manual mentions that there is a digital input selection switch (P9) but I can not find it on the actual amp.
Seems like the amp automatically selects a type of the coming signal. Is this true?
If I connect all the connection at the same time(ex. USB in, optical in & analog in), which one would be selected? how is the selection priorities?

Regards,

Feb 18, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently got Micro Portable 2007 with DAC option. I use this with iHP140 via sys-concept optical cable to the internal DAC.
This setup works very nice and the SQ is amazing, thanks.

However, I found the manual mentions that there is a digital input selection switch (P9) but I can not find it on the actual amp.
Seems like the amp automatically selects a type of the coming signal. Is this true?
If I connect all the connection at the same time(ex. USB in, optical in & analog in), which one would be selected? how is the selection priorities?

Regards,

Hello Sasaki,

Thanks for your email ...

The HeadRoom Portable Micro input default structure is analog; then USB; then optical -- so if everythings' plugged in simultaneously the analog input is first in line. The DAC side is USB, then the optical ...

Sorry about the confusion on the new Portable Micro manual -- I will address that issue asap!!
redface.gif

Please feel free to reply if any further questions.

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Feb 19, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 6
Jorge san,

Thank you for the answer, allow me one more question please.
Which point of time does the amp determine the input?

For example, iBasso D1 selects the input at the start up (only). Some DACs scan and determine(lock) the type of signal at anytime while power is on.
This is important because if the timing is at the start up (and only at the start up), I have to turn on the player first.
Anyway I do so always and no problem so far, but I just want to know.
Thank you.

Feb 20, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 6
Saski-san,

The analog in is a mechanical switch, so it's enabled whenever it's in.
I think the digital ins are that way too---just selects whichever one is the highest priority when they plug in.

Feb 21, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jorge san,

Thank you for the answer, allow me one more question please.
Which point of time does the amp determine the input?

For example, iBasso D1 selects the input at the start up (only). Some DACs scan and determine(lock) the type of signal at anytime while power is on.
This is important because if the timing is at the start up (and only at the start up), I have to turn on the player first.
Anyway I do so always and no problem so far, but I just want to know.
Thank you.

Hello Sasaki-san,

Tyll is, naturally, correct!
cool.gif

The Micro Portable DAC selects inputs whenever they are inserted. However there is a priority if you have both USB and coaxial/optical connected at the same time. -- The digital receiver will pick USB to decode.

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Back