Michigan Meet (Detroit Area) 06/18/2011
Jul 4, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #32 of 40
That is ok - I just received his older amp - an HR-2. Haven't heart is yet even  - still in the box. But I'm looking forward to it even though the Dark Star reads to be out of this world!

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #33 of 40
oh man I totally missed this thread!!!  I was eyeballing the original meet thread and was wondering why no one said anything after the meet.  I'd like to follow up with some of the new friends I made at the meet sometime soon.

Anyways I really enjoyed this meet and seeing some familiar faces again.  Every time I go I learn something new as I'm the rather novice compared to some of you guys.  I did take some photographs but since I don't know the electrostatic cans that well maybe some of you can fill in the blank to what some of them are. 

The one thing this meet convinced me to do was to buy another set of headphones...I took one listen to a pair at the meet and knew I had to have it.  I'm enjoying them more now than my Denon...and sad because they're considerably cheaper lol.  Here's my new purchase along with all the pictures I took from the meet. 

Lastly, looks like that audio CD I threw in the Boulder with the 1812 got some serious play time lol.  Glad you guys enjoyed that disc.  I sure did on that rig.  :)

...and lastly the new toy I picked up...Sennheiser HD 600 w/HD650 cabling.  I forgot how much I like open cans.

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #38 of 40

Quote:
grr, i need to check the meets section more often, i woulda joined ya'lls up there in detroit for this one! tons of headphones ive always wanted to hear...next time though

Don't worry, I feel the same way. I live within walking distance of Livonia and would've loved to go and see all the audio stuff I wish I could afford. I'll be checking in more often now. :)

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #39 of 40
Me too - but I'm too far away,,,,they don't have meets in Taipei...unless you guys want to hop on a plane....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back