Meridian 598 - anologue version?
Jul 16, 2003 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Brandon_Ottawa

100+ Head-Fier
I need advice.

I am losing sleep at night thinking about this...

I just can't stand listening to my Adcom cd player much longer. I want (need? - my g/f would beg to differ) a new digital source. Originally I was looking at universal players. The Denon 2900 was first on my wishlist. Somehow I managed to convince myself that I need/want something more. The Lexicon RT-10 and McCormack UDP-1 became considerations. Now I am probably just not thinking straight...here's the scenerio...

I changed my mind about the universal player. I decided that I would prefer a dvd-a dedicated player with superb redbook playback. Of course...Meridian is the player for me! Instead of getting all crazy and dreaming about a slightly used Meridian 800, I need to be realistic (Afterall, I can't possibly hide this purchase from my g/f). I decided to put my set of high end aftermarket rims up for sale. I'm going to put that cash towards a slightly used Meridian 598. Wish me luck.

For anyone who is fimilar with the Meridian 598 player...
I do not intend to purchase a Meridian processor (I only wish to listen to the player with a 2 channel set-up). Will I have to buy the anologue version if I wish to connect the player directly to my amplifier or preamp for a 2 channel set-up?

My complete set-up would be a PS Audio P300, Meridian 598 player, Headroom Max amplifier, W Northwest Enterprises Music Timbre 1.0 m, and Elco HPC-10SP powercord(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back