Meredith Brooks
Jan 8, 2002 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
You guys remember the song "Bitch" from the CD Blurring The Edges. Well, when I first heard it I thought it was catchy but not something for me. Then I heard her do "I Need" on a DVD and really liked that so I purchased her CD. She reminds me of Sheryl Crow. She is lot hotter looking though.
biggrin.gif
She also has fun with her songs like "Birthday" which I thought was hilarious and scary at the same time.

60135912.jpg

Jan 12, 2002 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 3
Quite liked Meredith Brooks. I got the same sort of feeling from listening to the disc. Sheryl Crow is the big superstar but to my mind there are many more similar artists who are much better than Sherl Crow.

The first that springs to mind is Trish Murphy - she is infinitely better as a singer/songwriter and her stuff is just more musical and more enjoyable overall.

If you enjoy those type of artists then you really owe it to yourself to listen to Paula Cole. 'This Fire' is a really good album and has some very catchy tunes.

Sam Phillips - no, not THE Sam Philips of Stax fame - the wife of T-Bone burnett produced an album in the early '90s that realy blows me away. Again it is in a similar vein and is possibly the best album of its type. Look out for 'CRUEL INVENTIONS'

Good listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back