Membership Verification
Jun 22, 2018 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ebjarrell

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys and girls. As you are all most fully aware, scams are becoming more frequent and more "sophisticated". I was recently scammed but was able to recover my item with police involvement. However, most people are not so lucky.

As Head-Fi members, how would you feel to either 1) provide ID to join or 2) provide ID to post classifieds? Once your identity is verified, then, and only then, can you post your wares for sale/trade.

The good guys need to put an end to these audacious scamsters.

Jun 23, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 3
I am not active on the classifieds. Are these sorts of scams present on our classifieds currently?

Most definitely. A fellow user and I were scammed by the same guy. He got my DAP and the other guys Sony SA-5000. I was able to get my DAP back by reporting it to the police. They paid him a visit but played ignorant, claiming identity theft. The other guy wasn't so fortunate with his trade, he received a box with a brick, a bottle of water, and a nasty note.

As the amount of money involved in this hobby is increasing, I really think that only verified users should be able to participate in the classified ads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back