Melbourne 1st Meet 2011 - 08.01.2011 impressions
Jun 24, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #46 of 59
Holy crap, it's been almost 6 months! I've lost 3 of my big headphones since then, and my amp is temporarily dysfunctional, so I can't actually contribute much more than 2 IEMs, but I'd love to come.

Jun 25, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #49 of 59
I thought the last venue was pretty much ideal, it had parking and was quiet (except for everyone chatting away
rolleyes.gif
)

I would like to find a venue closer to the city but parking is a major issue and public transport with a load of gear is just not going to happen... I'll have a look at venues closer to the city but I think the majority are going to be driving and won't mind coming out to Murrumbeena again.

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #50 of 59
I thought the last venue was pretty much ideal, it had parking and was quiet (except for everyone chatting away
rolleyes.gif
)

I would like to find a venue closer to the city but parking is a major issue and public transport with a load of gear is just not going to happen... I'll have a look at venues closer to the city but I think the majority are going to be driving and won't mind coming out to Murrumbeena again.

wonder what happened to the 'quiet time' suggestions. Then again, even if people didn't talk, we'd then hear all the open HP blaring :D

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #52 of 59
Well I'll give it a couple more days before I post up an official thread (If Yukari doesn't reply), If I do I'll include a vote to settle on dates which will be a choice of a few weekends in August or even late July... I'd like to give at least 2-3 weeks notice so everyone can make space.

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #56 of 59
Was hoping to contact Burson once we get a date sorted but will see if Jaben and UM are interested!

Jul 15, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #57 of 59
Have posted up the official thread for everyone, get excited!

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/562779/melbourne-s-2nd-head-fi-meet-of-2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Back