Meet FiiO at CanJam Singapore 2018 and Join the M7 Lucky Draw
Mar 16, 2018 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
content_842.jpg

CanJam Global returns to Singapore for its 3rd edition of CanJam Singapore, Southeast Asia's premier headphone audio show. CanJam Singapore 2018 will once again take place at the Pan Pacific Singapore in Marina Square and FiiO is certainly to be there to meet you again!

Check the list of FiiO items that you can get hands-on at the coming CanJam Singapore 2018:

What's New?
Portable Hi-Res Lossless Music Player M7
Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors FH5
High Purity PCOCC-A 4.4mm Male to 2.5mm Female Balanced Cable BL44

(P.S. You will have the chance to participate the lucky draw to win a M7 at the site. We will draw one lucky winner in the morning of 25th. Check with our staff at the site for more details.)

content_111.jpg

Portable Music Player
Smart Hi-Res Lossless Music Player X7 Mark II
Smart Hi-Res Lossless Music Player X5 3rd gen
Portable Hi-Res Lossless Music Player X3 Mark III
Portable Hi-Res Lossless Music Player X1 2nd gen

Portable Headphone Amp & DAC

Flagship Bluetooth DSD DAC & Amp Q5

Native DSD DAC & Amplifier for iPhone Q1 Mark II

Wireless high-fidelity audio with DAC & aptX Bluetooth amp BTR1

In-Ear Monitors

Dual Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors FH1

Triple Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors F9 Series (F9 and F9 PRO)

More info about CanJam Singapore 2018
Pan Pacific Singapore
Marina Square
7 Raffles Boulevard
Singapore 039595

Saturday, March 24, 2018
11am to 7pm

Sunday, March 25, 2018
10am to 5pm

FiiO Booth

Pacific 16-17

Save the date and be sure to come! See you there!

Best regards,
FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 10, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 8
the only information I can find for FH5 is:
> Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors FH5 (one dynamic and three knowles BA drivers)

Anyone has more insight?

Jun 29, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #8 of 8
Looking forward to Fiio's continued ascent.

I'll certainly have to review the FH5 and pick up an FH1 for review as well.

61bM2da1pvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

fiio-fh5.jpg

Personally, I think it would be best for Fiio to switch to the 0.78mm 2-pin set up while they are still forging their mark in the IEM market. MMCX connectors may look clean but they often introduce intermittent "drop-out" as the connection begins to deteriorate. Attempting to replace the MMCX cables due to a deteriorating connection can render the IEM useless.

How?

If the new (aftermarket) cable's MMCX connectors are not manufactured to precise specifications then the connector can be near impossible to remove (the connector is too tight) from the IEM and damage may occur to the IEM while trying to disconnect said cable i.e. - Tin Audio T2). If the connector is too small then intermittent "drop-out" will occur. The end result in either case would be an unsatisfactory experience and the customer moving on to another brand no matter how well the Fiio IEM may have been tuned.

Switching to a 2-pin setup two or three years down the road, which Fiio will inevitably have to do to minimize returns and customer frustration, should be addressed now rather than later. 2-pin setups aren't perfect but they garner far more praise and offer better consistency for a continuous connection than the more popular MMCX setup.

Fiio products are known for their excellent build and their IEMs should enjoy that same reputation. My first Fiio DAP, the Fiio X3 (fist gen) still works flawlessly and looks as good as it did the day I bought it.

We'll have to see if Fiio takes these things into consideration or continue on the same path.

Tic.....toc.....tic.....toc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back