Mechwarrior games rule!
Jan 30, 2002 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

fredpb

1000+ Head-Fier
Talk about my all time favorite games. I started with Mechwarrior 2 on a 486-100mhz machine. Now I am on MW4 (MW3 was very buggy). Absolutely love these games! Also the Mechcommander games!

Anyone else love these games? I am looking forward to my DSL connection so I can go online and play against others!

tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 4:08 AM Post #3 of 13
I'm a starcraft man myself, DSL is ok for the most part, i have it also, 768/128.

George

Jan 30, 2002 at 4:13 AM Post #4 of 13
I liked MechWarrior 2. But then I got into Quake, and I've been hooked on FPSs ever since.

Jan 30, 2002 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 13
I haven't liked a MW game since Mercinaries... That was awesome. I remember gettin' the 3dfx version of it when the voodoo1 just came out, oh man
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 5:39 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Flumpus
I haven't liked a MW game since Mercinaries... That was awesome. I remember gettin' the 3dfx version of it when the voodoo1 just came out, oh man
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL I was struggling with a p90@100 with a virge and pcx2.
Virge chocked but pcx2 did it soso lol...those were the days...

Jan 30, 2002 at 8:42 AM Post #7 of 13
i didnt like em after 2... haha i remember i used to listen to the mech2 cd just for the music.

Feb 2, 2002 at 5:53 AM Post #9 of 13
I just can't wait for MW5! MW4 wasn't entirely up my alley, the graphics were awesome but there were some issues with the interface that I never really liked. maybe I just need a joystick.

Feb 2, 2002 at 7:41 AM Post #10 of 13
NO JOYSTICK?
eek.gif
frown.gif

A twist type joystick, I think, is essential!

I have gone through three (well, two, my bird ate the cable on one).

Best is the Microsoft Precision Pro. But Compusa has the original
Force Feedback MS joystick for only $70 (a week or two ago).

Makes a BIG difference in play!

Feb 2, 2002 at 9:23 AM Post #12 of 13
Thanks for voting, everyone... but you can all put your hands down. Half Life:Team Fortress is the best multiplayer FPS there is.

HL:TF is an insane nonstop arcade-y frag fest just like the good old days of Robotron 2084 but with strategy elements and NINE character types that are switchable on the fly.

Check out the HL:TF maps of Avanti, Dustbowl, 2fort, and Murderball. These represent some of the most seriously vicious, twitching fun an armchair psychopath like myself can have.

Unreal Tournament is a very close second. Superior GFX, but without the depth, automated sentry guns, character types, missions of HL:TF, it isn't quite as compelling.

I just didn't dig Quake 3 or Arena. Not after trying the other two.

Geez, I feel old. I remember Mechwarrior I!

Feb 2, 2002 at 11:15 AM Post #13 of 13
For fighters, I use Thrustmaster Top Gun Platinum. I would like to give the new Hotas Cougar (F-16 goodness
very_evil_smiley.gif
) a try for that feel of drag and rudder controls and such. For everything else, I use Saitek Cyborg 2000. I good joystick is vital to many games.

I'd say that my favorite FPS (I grew out of Quake2 too many damn cheats, downfall of Counter-Strike as well) is Tactical Ops for Unreal Tournament. http://www.tactical-ops.to/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back