MD concerns/questions
Mar 4, 2003 at 4:13 AM Post #17 of 28
Thanks !
smily_headphones1.gif
I've gone there but have yet to sign up. I'll probably do that, and see what they have to say about it. I mean...DAMN....the more I look at my georgeous MD unit, in all of its tiny splendor, I just want to cry. It was such a freegin' pleasure to carry it around, as it was clipped to my pants/belt in the really cool belt clip/carrying case from Minidisco. I never felt it on me, and I never feared running with it on, or hopping up or down subway steps, like I do now with my iMP 350.

Weird thing about the Slim X iMP350 is that though it's never skipped during regular use, nor has it skipped while testing the buffer as I thrusted my pelvis as hard as I could (it was in my case logic belt strap around my torso as it always is..and firmly too might i add), it has on two occasions while going up the subway stairs shut off and re-booted while at the same time, not started on the same song as it should have..) I think it was because my backpack knocked against it. (Oh, even though its attached to my torso, I keep the actual unit on my backside so that I don't look like i'm fat !
biggrin.gif

I miss you Mt 90.......You need a new baby brother.
frown.gif

Mar 4, 2003 at 1:51 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Sweet Spot
Ok, ok, I'm getting there !
smily_headphones1.gif
I've just been pressured by exams so I can't think straight. No one answered this question for me :

Can the deck do 4x transfers from IT to a PORTABLE..or is it just from the CD on the deck to the blank md on the deck ?

I dont think this is possible. I imagine the circuitry that allows 4x speed transfers is built into both ends of the deck. So, yeah, dubbing can only be done internally...why would you want to plug in a portable anyway?

Mar 4, 2003 at 4:08 PM Post #20 of 28
I don't have that player, but if you search on DR-7 you'll see that those who own it love it. Apparently the sound from the digital amp is something special.

Mar 4, 2003 at 8:19 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

why would you want to plug in a portable anyway?

MD to MD dubbing. There was something else I was thinking, but it slips me....

Mar 4, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #23 of 28
Man...that blue one is freegin' georgeous.

(the DR-7)

Mar 4, 2003 at 11:26 PM Post #25 of 28
I just bought my fourth portable MD unit, an MZ-E80 player (I have the MXD-D5C deck at home). Quite impressed, although no MDLP, of course. There seems to be a *lot* of non-MDLP players kicking around at good prices.

Mar 4, 2003 at 11:44 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Superbaldguy
I just bought my fourth portable MD unit, an MZ-E80 player (I have the MXD-D5C deck at home). Quite impressed, although no MDLP, of course. There seems to be a *lot* of non-MDLP players kicking around at good prices.

I just picked up an MZ-E80 for $48 Cdn. recently. Don't know if I want to keep it though. I find the majority of my discs have LP2 tracks on them.

While I like SP, I often combine SP and LP2 on discs as it takes a long time to record an entire disc in SP.

Mar 5, 2003 at 12:06 AM Post #27 of 28
I know exactly the feeling. I'm sure there will be times I'll reach for the E80 and slip in an MDLP disc. Well, I do have the E707 and R910 units handy, all the time.

Mar 5, 2003 at 2:23 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Sweet Spot
MD to MD dubbing. There was something else I was thinking, but it slips me....

certain decks or bookshelf units havc 2 or more mds and can do high speed dubs from md to md...if im not mistaken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back