McCormack
Sep 6, 2002 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bugsy_pal

New Head-Fier
I am intrigued by the McCormack Micro Integrated Drive (MID), but found information on it very hard to find (the McCormack website doesn't seem to mention it).

Can anyone describe what this drive is and does? - a picture or two would be nice.

Thanks

Sep 6, 2002 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 5
Right at the top of this forum...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...&threadid=7226

wink.gif

Sep 6, 2002 at 12:40 PM Post #4 of 5
It is an integrated amp but has only enough power for very efficient speakers.

The MID has not been made for some time now. If you want one, you'll need to watch the for sale forum here, ebay, and audiogon until another one goes for sale. After you get it, you can have it upgraded by Steve McCormack personally. Although this is fairly expensive, MooGoesTheCow raves about the results. I had a MID at one time and considered it but ultimately decided to sell it and try other amps.

Sep 7, 2002 at 5:07 AM Post #5 of 5
I own a MID and love it. It's primarily a headphone amp, although, like Kelly said, it can drive small, efficient speakers. It was later changed into a headphone-only amp, sans binding posts (MHD). Now they're both discontinued, although they do pop up occasionally on the used market. It has a great upgrade path, and ain't too shabby to look at, either.

I use mine as a headphone amp and also a pre. It's one of the only headphone amps that can drive the AKG K1000 (although I can't confirm this, Steve McCormack said his customers have claimed good results with it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back