Max Out Meta42
Nov 13, 2002 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dta116

Head-Fier
Just what is a "Max Out Meta42"? I have seen numerous posts on the circuit. I am currently collecting parts for my Meta42 project and would like to insure it will up-to-date and as "Maxed Out" as possible. I have noticed Tangent's parts list, schematic, and descriptions do not seem to match versions. He discribes C1 as a .22mf 50v poly, but the schematic (v 1.14) shows a 1mf.
This sort of cramps building to his specs without the latest information.

Is there a source for the latest info?

Nov 13, 2002 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Just what is a "Max Out Meta42"?

Quite simply, it's a META42 with as many enhancements as you care to make. Different people will have different definitions. One person may say that unless you use a medical-grade dual-voltage linear-regulated power supply, you don't have a maxed-out META42. Another may say that as long as it's a linear-regulated PS, a single voltage is fine for this amp, since it was designed to run from a single supply. Don't mind this difference of opinion -- what matters is what you the builder think.

Quote:

I have noticed Tangent's parts list, schematic, and descriptions do not seem to match versions. He discribes C1 as a .22mf 50v poly, but the schematic (v 1.14) shows a 1mf.

The documentation for C1 tells you why you might use different values.

There is more than one "right way" to build a META42.

Nov 13, 2002 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by tangent
One person may say that unless you use a medical-grade dual-voltage linear-regulated power supply, you don't have a maxed-out META42.

Why would one need this for a battery operated amp?

Nov 13, 2002 at 8:22 PM Post #4 of 4
That was just an example, for wall-powered amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back