Mass Ko Bo 394 New high end Amp for power hungry headphone like Abyss 1266
Jul 8, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #46 of 58
Mr Rudy, Chord Is working now for the QBD replacement with hugo technology. more more taps. No Info on the released date . i predict it will end of 2014 . hahaha sabar pak

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #48 of 58
Early next year Pak
New QBD use 10 times better chips than chord Hugo now
biggrin.gif

Pak Rudi,

Have you listened to the dCS Vivaldi 4-stack DAC system? I heard it at the recent KL AV show last weekend. Despite the noisy environment and not so ideal room, it sounded...nice, musical, attractive. Just like what i heard from the Hugo. Difficult to explain but straightaway it sounded good to my ears.

Maybe you should audition that and include in your system...
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #49 of 58
Hi Rudi,

Did you have a chance to test the Aurorasound Heada amplifier?

It was the source for the Abyss in Tokyo Fujiya-Avic show this past spring. I also heard the Mass Kobo lineup.

I had the chance to hear the Aurasound again this weekend and wanted to know your views.

I found these two to be among the most competent solid state headphone amps I have heard to date. I spoke to the Mass Kobo founder and think his implementation of volume control is very slick; he gets good sound using some skills he learned building professional recording gear. The Auroasound is somewhat less expensive but is very enjoyable and well executed overall.

http://www.aurorasound.jp/english/heada-en.html

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #51 of 58
Hi Rudi,

Did you have a chance to test the Aurorasound Heada amplifier?

It was the source for the Abyss in Tokyo Fujiya-Avic show this past spring. I also heard the Mass Kobo lineup.

I had the chance to hear the Aurasound again this weekend and wanted to know your views.

I found these two to be among the most competent solid state headphone amps I have heard to date. I spoke to the Mass Kobo founder and think his implementation of volume control is very slick; he gets good sound using some skills he learned building professional recording gear. The Auroasound is somewhat less expensive but is very enjoyable and well executed overall.

http://www.aurorasound.jp/english/heada-en.html

Hi scooter

I havent heard Aurorasound Heada amp

Sofar Mass Ko Bo 394 is My Best all rounder amp , It can drive from Low impedance headphones to hard to drive headphone like My Abyss 1266.

Mass Ko Bo 394 sound character :
High : very detail , Crisp and clean And extended High
Mid : very sweet ,clean and well pronounce
Bass : very solid , detail and very Good bass impact and Speed , Best bass i Ever heard
Separation : excellent music separation that i can detect The individual instrument very Clear
Soundstage : is 3 D presentation like i sit In a big concert hall

Overall :
Mass Ko Bo 394 is the most Powerfull desktop amp to drive hard to drive Headphone like Abyss
It is not Only Powerfull but the sound quality is excellent.
All frequencies are very Linear No distorsion from Low to High volume .
I have T+A P10.2 Tube pre amp cost about $12 K and Mass Ko Bo cost $ 5 K , T+A P10.2 has better Sound Quality but lack of Power , if i pair With Abyss got distorsion , because the Power is below My Mass Ko Bo 394.

IMO

Oct 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #54 of 58
Hi rudi,

I cant understand your impressions clearly. Because yolu say only this better than this but Im interested in how? :)

Hi puskuruk
I take as example :
Mass Ko Bo 394 vs My Tube pre amp T+ A P 10.2

High :
T + A P 10.2 : Slightly more detail but the High id not axtended like Mass Ko Bo 394
Mass Ko Bo 394 : sligtly less detail but more extended High

Mid :
T + A P 10.2 : very sweet and intimate and Tube pre amp always strong In mid
Mass Ko Bo 394 : very sweet but less intimate compare to Tube preamp

Bass :
T + A P 10.2 : very Good Bass With rich on Detail
Mass Ko Bo 394 : very Good bass impact , as solid stats has better bass impact than Tube pre amp

Separation :
Both Amps T + A P10.2 and Mass Ko Bo 395 has excellent music separation , T + A P10.2 has Slightly better music separation

Soundstage :
T + A P 10.2 : has Wide soundstage like In medium concert hall
Mass Ko Bo 395 : Has 3 D soundstage With very Good Depth , like In big concert hall

I Hope This make you more Clear

IMO

Nov 21, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #55 of 58
Hi Mr Rudi,

I think you have the Most sophisticated State of The Art music equipments and gears in the Head-Fi history...
Your commitment to head-fi is unbelievably astonishing, mentally and financially....wkwkwkwkw

I'd would love someday to listen to those amazing set ups you have there when I come visit Jakarta next year.

Cheers

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #56 of 58
HI Rudi,

Glad your enjoying your QBD, I love mine, it has a great bass performance and hits hard. Like you I am really looking forward to the new QBD 
wink_face.gif

May 8, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #57 of 58

Agree with Skooter about HEADA aurorasound and I would suggest Rudi to plug his Abyss into the Wells Headtrip for SS and the Viva Egoista for tubes. Technology is running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back