MANLEY 300B NEOCLASSIC
Feb 18, 2003 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
What do you think about this?

Our most esoteric product is the NEOCLASSIC 300B PREAMPLIFIER/HEADPHONE

This is the first and only preamp to feature these classic tubes. We had been designing the 300B into small power amps for many years and have always had great respect for the smooth natural sound of this tube. However, a single 300B provides truly appropriate power and voltage swing for headphones and makes a remarkable line driver. (…) We also developed an additional (and innovative) ripple rejection circuit to filter out power supply noise making this an incredibly low-noise preamplifier - especially critical for headphone users. (…) This is not only the best line driver it's also the best headphone amps available. Believe me there is no match for this product and for the 300B. (…) Shortly before he (David Manley) left for Paris, he had an idea for a headphone amplifier that could also be used as a line driver. The design was intended to showcase a pair of 300B output tubes, probably for two reasons: a single 300B can provide superb drive capabilities for both headphones and a linestage; and no one had done it before. Manley Labs claim to have developed special ripple rejection architecture and I believe this to be true as this is one of the quietest pre-amps I have ever encountered. I don’t use headphones but this would be significant consideration for those who do.
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Nicola

Users who are viewing this thread

Back