[Made In China]SamAudio Studio, ShangHai City.
Mar 11, 2007 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

timmit

New Head-Fier
tongue.gif

Hello to everybody here. I have just registered into this forum. I am now living in China. As living in a big, crowded city I find it a most enjoyable thing to listen to music alone in my room.
Not until I finally decided to look for an AMP for my AKG K501 did I encounter Mr. Sam Yang, desinger of SAMAUDIO DIY studio. Now things are clear that the AMPs by Yang are excellent, as I have the chance of comparing his works with others'. And I find these DIYed AMPS are really of reasonable prices and good quality!
And I am to give a brief introduction to SAMAUDIO.
SAMAUDIO, with designer Mr. Sam Yang, ranks among the first-class DIY studios of power amplifiers. The studio is now oriented at manufacturing power amplifiers for dynamic headphones as well as sound boxes. Sam Yang is undoubtedly a sober and very careful gentleman as he is experiencedly, creatively devoted to what we call circuit planning. Every single piece was slected and checked seriously before assembled inorder to guarantee the stablilty and quality of the final products. Through his works, Sam Yang does deliver his understanding of music --- simple, relaxing and naturally balanced. Though I still cannot interpret so much of him, I do admire him as a master who bings so much fun to those who love tube-amplifiers.
x-Numen is the recent product by SAMAUDIO. 6CY5(China 6J1?) is applied to the processing of input signal, and the unique part of X-Numen, I think, lies in the combination of 2 NE5532s as output circuit. Not like many 5532 amps, Sam's works is somewhat more moderate and tastes like a cup of homemade black tea: warm, a bita sweet and never plain in any way. It does not lack accuracy. It is indeed an energetic numen that helps my K501 sing
quite vividly.
P.S. 6j1 can be changed with EF95 6ak5 5654

And the second improved version X-Numen Pro came out after two months.
Evolution:Good news came that Sam’s X-Numen has been upgraded inside and outside. It was a nicer package this time. I received it after two day’s shipment. X-Numen Pro has a more promising impression on me. Now I plug my AKG K501 in it. To my surprise, it is so different from the first version! With China 6J1, it is a bit not so sweet anyway. But it is rather balanced – more than the 1st version. With it I can feel that bass has decreased to a certain extent. That’s what make it clearer. And it seems that the treble and mediant is partially raised, just like it when you depict the emotional, shining eyes of a wonderful blonde in a painting, you can make her more conspicuous and healthier. To confirm it, I tried it with K240S (55ohm). These headphones have a reputation for excessive bass. It can’t be worse if your driver was out of way. So what is my conclusion of it then? Great? Absolutely yes -- Wider and deeper surrounding. Less intensive bass. What would it be like if we substitute EF95 or 6CY5 for 6J1? If you are a curious cat, try it now!
580smile.gif

P.S. I have tried it on K 501 K240DF/K240M HD580(Zu Cable) 600 650 SR80 SR60 DT880 W1000 and the most recently, K240S with Cadas cable. I am surprised by such successful works by a Chinese DIYer.

http://www.audiofans.cn/thread-2940-1-1.html
http://www.audiofans.cn/thread-2861-1-1.html
Basic view of the inner...
http://www.audiofans.cn/thread-1061-1-1.html

The above three links -- a new forum of head hifi in China mainland. It is in Chinese language. For more information just contact me : cxin0907@21cn.com
I'd really like to make some new friends here with different people from different places~~
wink.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 8
That sounds like a fantastic amplifier. You seem to have the same respect, and appreciation that many of us do for the “genius” behind the designers. The products they make turn music into an emotional experience for many of us that is impossible to describe.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 8
Well. Like anyone of you would do, I adore music as one of the most beautiful pleasures of life ... Isn't it more exciting when with your hands you can persue the kind of sound that your heart beats for? Many people pass the beauty of music when dealing with the HIFI stuff there. And I guess it would just be more profound when someone finds his/her place in it. Now I am not not out of it. X-Numen is merely one piece of Sam's works. It is much amazing with his 845-300B amp setup with B&W.

Mar 13, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by fortney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to the forum.
I do not see photos on the sites you highlighted.
I hope your Head-Fi group in China is successful

F

Those sites are in China mainland's servers ... it may be a bit "traffic jam" like.
Indeed, fortney. Many people have approved their capability and creativity in building audio equipment. Have you heard of 8PR? It is a headphone-amp by Mr Li Ye from China. It seems to be eye-catching these years home and abroad.

Mar 15, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarthel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is this even related to DIY as it seems these are pre-built amps?
smily_headphones1.gif

unless they are kits?

More or less it is a matter concerning time. Well, J, there's nothing "pre-built". As I keep in touch with these DIYers, I am amzed by the efforts they have made during the whole course. Sometimes they make it but more often they are not satisfied with their own works. They want to produce a amp that can show how they appreciate the sound ... Sam Yang is one of them. Now I am new here and I have posted some comment on it, but as a pre-face to the more detailed info about the building of the machine. The problem is that in China the underdevelopped net-work limits everything, I even can't paste the pictures in the original sizes!

Apr 7, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #8 of 8
It can also be used as a Pre amp!

With Mullard EF95 and PHILIPS 5532 ,much tube-like ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back