M-Audio Revolution 7.1 outputs question
Feb 26, 2003 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

OakIris

1000+ Head-Fier
I am going to be buying an M-Audio Revolution sound card as an upgrade to my current Audigy2 card - I still want to be able to do some gaming so didn't want to get one of the professional grade sound cards (besides not being able to afford to do so.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

As far as I can tell from the pictures, the Revolution card does not have RCA output jacks on it. I intend to use the card with my headphones (Senn HD590s) and my headphone amp (Meta42)

The card has 3 outputs that the company calls "Surround Outputs." Sorry for the dumb question, but do I use one of these outputs to plug in the amp? I'm assuming I have to use a mini to RCA cable to do so. Is this correct?

Also, I read this thread: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...MAudio+outputs
I, too, was hoping to be able to use my speakers (Klipsch ProMedia 4.1s) when I wanted to and my headphones when I wanted to. One of the posts talks about using winamp to enable you to use both without having to unplug/plug in cables. I use MusicMatch instead of winamp; does anyone know if MusicMatch has similar capabilities?

Feb 27, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #2 of 4
You can use mini to RCA cable for that. Plug it in the front speaker out (board has total of 4 minijacks for outputting), and set it up as stereo. There's also a headphone setting, can't remember what that does but it goes to the same output.

Feb 27, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 4
I believe you have to use mini to RCA, M-Audio Revolution just like normal soundcard which come with only headphone jack. So you need a mini => RCA cable to connect your soundcard to your amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back