M-Audio Problems
Feb 28, 2003 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nevermorez

100+ Head-Fier
I just received my Revo two days ago from "kelly's music and computer" and have been playing around since then. I don't know if it's just me or wut, but I have encountered several unusual problems so far.

First of all, I'm experiencing a low static sound in CD audio playback. Oddly, this only happens in the song "Don't Know Why" from Norah Jones particularly. I'm gonna do more testing and see if it's the only occurrence. Sadly enough, I have NOT encountered this problem on my previous sound card "Audigy Original" though.
frown.gif

Second, when I enable "No Surround Processing" in "M-Audio Control Panel", I can only get the front speakers to work in CD audio playback. The Left and Right surround are completely silent. I've checked the cabling and they're all correctly plugged. By the way, I'm using the lastest offical driver 5.10.00.0032 and its playing on the Monsoon MM-2000 4.1 speaker.

Lastly, the low poping sound when powering up or shutting down computer. I had this kinda problem on Audigy as well, but it only occurrs particularly when computer is shutting down. I thought this was purely Creative's fault. Well, guess I was wrong.

Anyway, I've been trying to solve these problems by trouble shooting, but had no luck. I'm kinda runing out of ideas.
frown.gif
Could anyone give me a hand here?

Thanks a lot~

Feb 28, 2003 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 5
I think other people are having issues with the Norah Jones CD.
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=27432

CD audio is only 2 channel so sound only comes out the left and right. Tihs is normal.

Poping sound when you turn on/off the computer is normal also.

Feb 28, 2003 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 5
I tried to evaluate Revolution's analog outs yesterday and so I listened to several wav files. I had absolutely no issues with sound quality. I also played a bit of music from CDs over the last few days and haven't encountered any problems. My guess is that your CD has one of those new audio copy protections.

Mar 1, 2003 at 9:12 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

I think other people are having issues with the Norah Jones CD. CD audio is only 2 channel so sound only comes out the left and right. Tihs is normal. Poping sound when you turn on/off the computer is normal also.

Alright, I guess I kinda overreacted it. Thanks for the heads up everyone~

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back