M-Audio bx8A to HT CLARO halo soundcard
Nov 18, 2014 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

leebSaMmY

100+ Head-Fier
Quick question, I recently was given a set of M-Audio BX8a monitors as a gift. I'd like to use them with one of my desktops that has a HT CLARO halo sound card. What cables should i use? 1/4 stereo cables to RCA? Or XLR to RCA? Or should I not use the RCA inputs on the sound card and instead use dual 1/4 to single 1/8 and use the 1/8 input on the card instead? Thanks!

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #2 of 2
  Quick question, I recently was given a set of M-Audio BX8a monitors as a gift. I'd like to use them with one of my desktops that has a HT CLARO halo sound card. What cables should i use? 1/4 stereo cables to RCA? Or XLR to RCA? Or should I not use the RCA inputs on the sound card and instead use dual 1/4 to single 1/8 and use the 1/8 input on the card instead? Thanks!

Your sound card's analog audio output is unbalanced and the M-audio BX8s can work with a unbalanced or balanced source.
You need a cable with 1/4" mono plugs for connecting to the back panel of the BX8 and RCAs at the other end of the cable for connecting to the Claro Halo.

You will need the same cables I use.

Hosa Stereo RCA to Two Mono 1/4" TS Cable

http://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSCPR20?siid=787

Lengths come in 3ft or 6ft or 12ft or other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back