Loxjie D30 2021 Version
Nov 3, 2021 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Soul Shinobi

New Head-Fier
I've had trouble finding any information on the new Loxjie D30, despite the same form factor it looks like they changed a lot (including the price). Has anyone reviewed the new one? I only found one review by Cheap Audio Man, link at the end of post. I'll outline the differences below:

Loxjie D30 $180
DAC: AK4497EQ
Op amp: LM4562
BT 5.0 with SBC, aptX
Power consumption: 0.1W standby, 3W in use
THD+N: -115dB
Dynamic range: 121 dB

Loxjie D30 2021 $260
DAC: ES9068AS
Op amp: OPA1612
BT 5.0 with SBC, aptX, aptX HD, AAC
Some nonsense about MQA no one cares about
Color display
Power consumption: 0.5W standby, 5W in use
THD+N: -120dB
Dynamic range: 123 dB

Let me know if I missed anything. So the specs look good, but what I want to know is if it still maintains the 'smooth yet detailed, excellent for the price' sound, especially since the price went up 44%! ESS chips can be known for sounding a little more harsh, but as we all know what really matters is how it's implemented in the circuit, so I'm really curious to hear anyone's experience.

EDIT:
Additioal resources on the Loxjie D30 (old version):
Review by Aibo (iiWi)
His video review
Video review by Passion for Sound

For the Loxjie D30 2021
Video review by Cheap Audio Man (came out TODAY! Not sure informative though.)
Video review by Muu Audio (entirely in Japanese comparing the two, I used auto-translated subtitles and he seems to think the new one sounds more clear and detailed, "it's a difference in sound like changing the power cable," and "I wonder if there was a feeling of openness that made the sound clearer overall." Again, I'm having Google do live translation so take that for what it is.)

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 9
This thing turned out to be an outstanding DAC. Read ASR. The issue with it is the headphone amp has no power. Pair this with the A30 for $425 and you will be hard pressed to find a better dac/headamp under $1500 IMO. I would really enjoy to hear from foks that concur likewise.

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 9
Which version of the DAC did they review? The A30 measures great but performs pretty disappointing, I own it. (EDIT: I take this back, I was actually thinking of the wrong product entirely)

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 9
They have reviewed both versions. The ES9068AS is current driven like the AK4499. It is honestly ESS currently best chip IMO. The new D30 measures very well. It sounds great. Why is the A30 no good? the headamp or the dac? The issue with the D30 head amp is about only 150MV. It could not possibly push high impedance headphones very loud at all.

Feb 17, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #5 of 9
My mistake, I was literally thinking of the wrong product! I edited my previous comment to reflect that. I'll definitely check out the article you're referring to, it sounds like a great resource!

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #6 of 9
The A30 does in fact really have very low power but it does not at all seem that way. The Topping A30, not to confuse the two would be killer but that unit is $350 alone. The D30 probably remains the best example of a Chinese ESS DAC. I just wish it was balanced but that is not a deal breaker to me either. The 9038PRO options are simply not better units. The 4499 is better only if the sound is more to your liking. 120DB THD and 123DB SNR is outstanding. Pluss this thing just really sounds good.

Mar 10, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #8 of 9
It was a low end system until my end game stuff arrived. I have the Sigva SV021 with it. Honestly for a total of less than $400 it sounds outstanding. It sounds like $1,500 of stuff IMO. I highly recommend those Sigva too.

Apr 23, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #9 of 9
I have placed my orders, together with an A30. I believe it has great sound, at its price I paid...170 plus shipping. $170 includes 3 year warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back