Lowest Prices on High-end cans?
Oct 16, 2001 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ShinyGreen

New Head-Fier
Hello
I'm looking for headphones and headphone amps to replace my old audio system.
I'm thinking of getting one of those cans
- HD-600
- CD3000
- RS-1

Can someone help me about where to get the lowest prices for each one please? Thanks.

Oh, also I'm looking for a headphone amp to go with them.
I guess Musical Fidelity's X-can V2 & X-PSU has some good reviews, but I can't find where to get them. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the website or something. Or if you have good amps to recommend, please do. ($450 range)

Oct 16, 2001 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 7
These are international or US-based dealers, I don't know about canada... They should ship to Canada, though.

HD600's: $220 (for a limited time only) at www.meier-audio.com
CD3000's: $399 at www.millionbuy.com (last time I checked)
RS-1's: Can be had for $500, I think... But without a warranty, as the dealer is not authorized. $700 from anywhere (say, headrooom over at www.headphone.com) .

Headphone amp: Check out the Meier Audio Corda HA-1.. $320 assembled, $250 in kit form. For a little less money, the Creek OBH-11 or OBH-11SE. Or the X-Cans V2 with the X-PSU.

Oct 16, 2001 at 4:53 AM Post #3 of 7
The lowest price I know of for the HD600 is $220.00 from

http://www.meier-audio.com

plus $12.00 to cover bank transfer and PayPal. $232.00 to your door.

As for the others, I would be interested in collecting some links for these also. Good Luck!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 17, 2001 at 4:54 AM Post #7 of 7
If you are unable to get it from the UK, I would strongly suggest to get the HD600/Corda HA-1 or beyer/HA-1 combo. List prices are as indicated above but if you get them in a combo, you could reduce the cost by combining the shipping. Check this out with Odeen or Jan M. as my combo price info maybe outdated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back