Low-latency wireless audio link for gaming?
Mar 19, 2022 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

trains are bad

Headphoneus Supremus
I game on a Nintendo Switch, PS1, and older consoles.

I would like wireless headphones.

My current solution is plugging wired headphones into the receiver or directly into the Switch. I just want to get rid of the cord

The Switch has Bluetooth audio, but it's widely regarded as bad. And that won't help me on the classic consoles.

My AV receiver has Bluetooth audio, so technically I could use that, which would work also with TV and all my consoles, but all my existing Bluetooth headphones have way too much lag for games when connected to the receiver. I'm not sure if it's my headphones or receiver causing the lag.

I heard that there are special low-latency Bluetooth codecs that work for gaming, but I don't know how to buy equipment that will use it.

Since I already have wired headphones, an ideal solution would be a wireless audio link. Where I could plug the transmitter into any 3.5mm jack and get a wireless link and plug my headphones into the receiver. That would pretty much future proof me in case I change receivers or anything, and I could use my hifi headphones wirelessly on everything. These things exist, but they rarely advertise the latency.

Is there any wireless solution for low latency audio link?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back