Loose Sennheiser HD 800 Connectors
Jul 21, 2016 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

schalliol

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, One of the two connectors on the OEM HD 800 cable has somehow gotten a bit loose in the socket, and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this.  It's not a big deal, but it can happen that the cable can disconnect on its own, and that probably isn't the best thing ever.  If you have, did you do something about it?  I was thinking about putting just a single thin piece of tape around the connector to make it more snug.

May 24, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #3 of 5
I have exactly same issue! Can somebody plz help with this problem?

Hi UrsaUrsulas,

This problem seems to be the female socket on the HD800 being slightly loose.

UHU Whitetack holds the connector in place, only put it on the outside of the hd800 connector where it joins the socket, it will keep them both together.

You could also try teflon tape instead, which you can wrap around the connector plug, then plug it into the socket and hopefully it fills the void and it will stay in firmly. this was suggested by Drew from Moon Audio, who also had an older pair of HD800's with a slightly loose female socket on his personal pair.

The only other alternative would to have them hard wired.

Best wishes,
Paul.

May 26, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi UrsaUrsulas,

This problem seems to be the female socket on the HD800 being slightly loose.

UHU Whitetack holds the connector in place, only put it on the outside of the hd800 connector where it joins the socket, it will keep them both together.

You could also try teflon tape instead, which you can wrap around the connector plug, then plug it into the socket and hopefully it fills the void and it will stay in firmly. this was suggested by Drew from Moon Audio, who also had an older pair of HD800's with a slightly loose female socket on his personal pair.

The only other alternative would to have them hard wired.

Best wishes,
Paul.
Thanks mate for advice i will do those things what suite me better maybe whitetack...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back