Looks like I wont be getting an X7..
Jan 9, 2015 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rc10mike

100+ Head-Fier
When I first discovered this thing, I was really excited. A sort of "super Mix Amp" I can use with my PS4. Although I didnt need the speaker amp portion and would solely be used with my PS4 and headset, I almost felt the price was worth it.....almost..

Then I found out that the X7 does not handle chat with consoles. This means that a LOT of the features like game/chat mixing, mic monitoring, voice changer, etc will not work at all....

I was really hoping I could connect my PS4 with optical for sound and USB for chat to the X7, then connect my own mic into the X7 mic input, and use all of these great features!

Sadly, this was the deal breaker for me. Time to wait for the next best thing...

Jan 11, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 3
I knew this thing was too good to be true. Plastic-y build too. So i stuck with my Yamaha Receiver.

I may have found a way to make it all work. Mic in and out control, headphone control, EQ control. It involves using an analog mixer.

I am waiting on another cable and will test it out. Then i will post up pics and setup. I have XB1 btw which is just as bad, if not worse than the PS4

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 3
Shame, was thinking of selling my X-Fi Titanium HD and picking up an X7 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back