Looking to upgrade my desk top Bluetooth speakers
Oct 5, 2023 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Clay49

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks! My ears are asking me for “more“! I currently have the Klipsch The Fives Bluetooth speaker system on my desk. I have them angled using Kanto TUK Speaker stands. It has been a good experience, but I feel that I am lacking a level of clarity in the highs, as I am hearing more mid hump push through these speakers. I’ll listen mainly through TIDAL, so I have no EQ options, and would rather just hear what the music has to offer rather than trying to manipulate every track I listen to with eq. Are there any other high-end options that would render more in sound quality, wider soundstage and clarity?

Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Oct 5, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 4
What's the budget?
And have you considered using "normal" active speakers connected to an external BT receiver? That would really open up a lot of options for you :)

Oct 5, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 4
What's the budget?
And have you considered using "normal" active speakers connected to an external BT receiver? That would really open up a lot of options for you :)
I would say my budget is up to $1000 for a pair. Not sure I want to add another component in that I want to keep my desk clean and just shoot the signal to the speakers via Bluetooth, but if that’s not a big issue, I would be open to that as well.

Oct 6, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #4 of 4
Well, personally, I would look more into Genelec speakers combined with a small sub and a DAC with BT input. If you have the space to hide the DAC and cables, this could be a great solution. Genelec make great speakers and some of their smaller models should be available in the budget.
Alternatively, the KEF LSX II Wireless could be an "all-in-one" solution, but it is a bit more pricey, and then there is no money for a sub, if you want more bass. The LSX II has built in streaming and BT.
I would audition some of these, and hear if this is more the kind of sound you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back