Looking to upgrade my current IEM
Jan 28, 2009 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

FlyingFungus

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have the Shure SE210's. Im not in a rush to upgrade them...though I eventually would like to.

Im new to the whole IEM world...and the se210's are the only IEM's Ive ever owned. I like their sound although they are a little light on bass. I plug them in to a Creative Zen. I find them very comfortable and can wear them for quite a while (although I never really do). They are also great for sound isolation.

The only thing I dont like about them is the cabling. There is almost no way to use these IEM's without an extension cable. This adds extra weight, which is annoying. However, I like the idea of an extension cable or at least some kind of replaceable parts. I ended up damaging the extension cable (bending the metal tip) that came with the se210's, so I had to replace the cable and luckily not the whole IEM.

Basically Im looking for IEM's with more bass than SE210's, great sound isolation since I only use IEM's when I go out and very comfortable like the Shure's. As far as cabling goes, I would prefer to not have to use a long extension cable. If the IEM's have a long enough cable, then I would only use a very short extension cable. Oh and good, solid build quality of course.

I listen mainly to Metal, however, I also listen to Rock, Classical, and Film Score...and once in a while Jazz and Hip-Hip. My budget is around $200. I dont mind going to $250...and of course under $200 is always good
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
assuming those as US $ the se530 reportedly randomly goes for around that.

however my recommendation to you would be to go buy a Fiio amp the bass boost nicely enhances the se210, for the money its v v v good

Oh its Canadian...and as far as I know the SE530 is a little more than $250.

I'll look into the Fiio amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back