Looking for some guidance, wireless streaming dap
Jul 17, 2019 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

madmanmatt

Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I would appreciate some help finding a dap that works for me. Im a disabled vet that has some trouble sleeping. I use music at times to help get me there. Im looking for something good that i can stream with.
A little background. i have a m100,m80, and mee mdou. i have been using a rockbox sansclip forever now. I recently got a really good deal on a hiby r6, but after the wifi, software issues, and the last piece was the inability to eq through tidal, just was done and didn't want to go any deeper. So i returned it and started researching again. I love the sound with my m100 and the r6, but the vocals were a bit to recess. I could fix it with a patch in hiby music, but again couldn't apply that with tidal that i currently doing a trial on. I do not want to spend 500 or so on a device and then have to pay more for a eq, and wifi extender and so on.
So im not sure were to go here. its seems everything out right now that streams you can't eq without paying for a 3rd party app to do so. I find this just silly, i buying there product with there software, my mind says should be able to use that how i need. Maybe im just to picky or old. Im wanting to use something like tidal or similar, i have trouble finding new music to listen too that i enjoy. So with this option i can have access to music i don't know about and find more things i enjoy. I would like to spend no more then 500. Im not sure where to start with this. So any thoughts or suggestions would help a lot. I don't have a lot of energy to spend on something i have to tinker and play with to get were i want. I just want something in the sound quality range of r6,m11. I would like to just tweet the sound enough to enjoy what i have and to be able to stream as well. I appreciate the the help.
Thank you.

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi, could you use a phone (or a dap) to stream tidal and connect your headphones to something like the earstudio es100 which has an app which allows you to EQ and which persists on the es100 I.e. you can set it once and then use the es100 with any device. I use mine with an iPhone and my r6. I only eq certain headphones/IEMs but this works well, with tidal hi-fi mode, for me. YMMV !

Ps. This may work better with IEMs or easy to drive full size headphones.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't thought of going that direction. I will have to look into it some more. My only concern is this is for night time use in the dark, i would prefer just to have a dedicated device to use.
someone does has a used xdl 300r on here. i would think this could work with uapp and i could get what i was looking for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back