Looking for really bassy IEM, Super.fi 5 EB?
Dec 26, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by inmotion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
imo
once you burn in the sf5eb, the bass really clears up along with crisper and more defined highs/mids.

Thanks. Looks like I would have to test out these with a burn-in period.

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still leaning toward the Super.fi EB with my budget as well. I like to listen to lyrics and bass at the same time. Does the bass of EB overshadow the vocals/lyrics in a song?

Yes, even after a burn-in period, the 5 EB is still too bloated and muddy for enjoyable listening without EQing a bunch.

You might "hear" the lyrics, but good luck understanding them in most cases (in songs with actual bass).

Why do you think I have the M5 and also keep recommending it? The sound is just better (Heck, I was even able to stand using it for classical last night, something I could never do with the 5 EB).

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, even after a burn-in period, the 5 EB is still too bloated and muddy for enjoyable listening without EQing a bunch.

You might "hear" the lyrics, but good luck understanding them in most cases (in songs with actual bass).

Why do you think I have the M5 and also keep recommending it? The sound is just better (Heck, I was even able to stand using it for classical last night, something I could never do with the 5 EB).

I have yet to find a deal for the Atrio's to get them in my price range. This is why I keep on holding off buying a new pair of IEM's. I may have to go for a used pair but we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back