Looking for PORTABLE Headphones
Oct 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MichPendragon

New Head-Fier
Hello here. I've stalked this forum way more than I've posted so finally I decided I need to make an account and find help. Anyways I've been searching the forums for a common agreement on a great pair of portable headphones (emphasizes on portable), I move around alot so it's preferable that they include a carrying case. I was sincerely hoping someone could help me find a solution to this.

Music Tastes:
Modern Rock
Hip Hop
a bit of dubstep
a bit of jazz
everything else here and there

Looking headphones I'm looking at:
V Moda M-100               (Read alot of posts saying that its not worth the price and that the bass is muddy and boomy...idk, haven't tried one)
Momentum Over Ear     (Tried this, sounds crisp)
ATH-M50x                     (Tried this, meh...)
Sony MDR-1R               (Did not like the sound canceling)
Urbanite XL                   (Curious about these)

Any other recommendations?

Clearly I'm no audiophile, not very into neutral headphones, but some cans like the HD600 do sound amazing. I currently have a Fiio E17, a pair of ATH-AD700x, Bose QC20i, and god forbid a pair of old Beats Studios (which I fervently hate due to its terrible bass emphasizes).

I use my Fiio and 700x for gaming. I don't really like using my QC Bose because they make my ears feel weird. I'm currently looking for a good pair of portable headphones that can be neutral but slightly warm is good. And even though I don't really care about looks, something like the NAD VISO HP50s are something I REALLY prefer not to buy because in all honesty, they look horrifying and make people look like Frankenstien (even with there superb sound quality. These headphones will be for on the go and I have a budget of $300USD (could potentially go up to $400). I appreciate any help in any form I receive.

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #3 of 4
You are kind of asking for one thing and listing opposite options you are looking at.

The momentum over ears are not that portable. Especially if you wish to use the supplied case which is very big.

Have you considered IEMs for real portability?

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #4 of 4
My bad. I guess not THAT particularly portable. My definition of portable is that I can just grab them and dump them in my bag which I can pull out for later. The momentums are decent because they have a nice carrying case. My bad for not making that clear. And I don't like IEMs...sorry. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back