Looking for ParamatricEQ for Fiio JT1
Apr 10, 2024 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Gil80

Head-Fier
Hi all,

Just go my new Fiio JT1 paired with my Zen DAC v2.
I'm looking for a parametricEQ using the Harman Over EAr curve for Peace and can't find any.

Hopefully someone here may have a .txt file to share. Thanks.

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi all,

Just go my new Fiio JT1 paired with my Zen DAC v2.
I'm looking for a parametricEQ using the Harman Over EAr curve for Peace and can't find any.

Hopefully someone here may have a .txt file to share. Thanks.
You're just looking for an EQ profile? If so, you can easily generate your own using squig.link

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #3 of 6
You're just looking for an EQ profile? If so, you can easily generate your own using squig.link
Did I do it correctly?

Attachments

• FiiO JT1 Filters.txt
    983 bytes · Views: 0
  • 2024-04-25 21_51_50-Harman Target, FiiO JT1 - Frequency Responses - Squiglink by GadgetryTech ...png
    2024-04-25 21_51_50-Harman Target, FiiO JT1 - Frequency Responses - Squiglink by GadgetryTech ...png
    310.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 25, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 6
Did I do it correctly?
Give it a listen. Looks like you might have gone a bit heavy with the EQ. Usually less is more when it comes to EQ. But it's a place to start!

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #5 of 6
Give it a listen. Looks like you might have gone a bit heavy with the EQ. Usually less is more when it comes to EQ. But it's a place to start!
In what way have I gone heavy with the EQ? I'm have quite a lot to learn so I'm happy for feedback.
Do you mean I chose too many frequency bands? I thought the idea is to make it as accurate as possible to the Harmen target.
I use my FiiO JT1 with balanced cables and iBasso DC04 Pro portable DAC at my workplace, so I can't have a listen until I'm back in the office :)

But I do have my SHP9500 with my Zen DAC V2 and I think of doing the same.
What is the considered a good practice when trying to equalize the headphones to the Harmen target? 10 bands? 15 bands?

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #6 of 6
In what way have I gone heavy with the EQ? I'm have quite a lot to learn so I'm happy for feedback.
Do you mean I chose too many frequency bands? I thought the idea is to make it as accurate as possible to the Harmen target.
I use my FiiO JT1 with balanced cables and iBasso DC04 Pro portable DAC at my workplace, so I can't have a listen until I'm back in the office :)

But I do have my SHP9500 with my Zen DAC V2 and I think of doing the same.
What is the considered a good practice when trying to equalize the headphones to the Harmen target? 10 bands? 15 bands?
The Harman curve is just a reference. You typically don't want to force total compliance like that. But like I said, give it a listen and see if you like it. That's the best way to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back