Looking for new IEMS 75$ or lower.
Dec 3, 2008 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Azazel90x

100+ Head-Fier
So my zune premium headphones which i so loved, broke...
frown.gif
So im in the market for new headphones.

Main things im looking for is:

1. In-Ear (just like the zune premium)
2. Sound Isolation
3. idk if its possible at this price range but detachable cords! Most if not all my headphones have had the cords broken! If i could just buy replacement cords, that would make my life so much easier!
4. Music i listen to is mostly hard rock, with some rap. I really love bass, so alot is good, but not too much so it overwhelms the sound.

That about wraps it up, i do have 2 amps, fyi, in my sig, but i dont want the headphones to rely on the amp to sound good, i want them to sound good without the amp too.

Thanks, Azazel

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 13
Dec 3, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #3 of 13
Fer serious? These are Super.fi 3 rebranded?

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fer serious? These are Super.fi 3 rebranded?

Yes. I personally like them better than the original--- the Altec Lansing design logo looks cooler than the "UE" logo.
o2smile.gif

Some other differences:
-the Altec Lansing UHP336 come in a dark grey color
-the carrying case is made of soft neoprene. I think that the original UE Super.fi 3's carrying case is metal?

Other than that, there aren't many major differences, the most important things unchanged are the drivers and UE audio signature.

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #5 of 13
nuforce are relatively new, however reviews seem good. might wanna look into that

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #6 of 13
How would the Altec Lansing UHP336 compare to the ER6i or IM716 or Nuforce 7 or Denon 551?

Dec 3, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the UE Super.fi 3s. They have punchy bass and detachable cord.

Buy.com is currently having a sale on the Altec Lansing UHP336, which are simply UE Super.fi 3s that are rebranded as Altec Lansing. VERY GOOD DEAL @ $39.99 a pop!

Altec Lansing Upgrader UHP336 Stereo Earphone - UHP336 - Buy.com

Yup, definitely liking these headphones, im gonna grab them, thanks!

Dec 3, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #12 of 13
Good choice.

Dec 3, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #13 of 13
Just purchased the Altec Lansing's from buy.com, a reviewer on amazon said that the bass was lacking when he first opened them up, but after burning them in for 4 days straight the bass was definitely more improved and you could definitely feel em. Cant wait for these headphones, gonna blow the pants off my old zune premimums
biggrin.gif
, and as for the detachable cable, where can i order more?

EDIT: NVM UE just has them on backorder, which is why they were not on the product page

Users who are viewing this thread

Back