Looking for input on choosing a new headset/-phones, but MLE's list didn't help.
Feb 12, 2014 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

haxfar

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for something to replace my Logitech G35, but looking through MLE's list didn't exactly help as it introduced me to way too many options.
So far I'm considering the PLYR 1, but have also looked at:
- DT 770/990, but the prospect of possible looking into getting an amp is a bit of a turn off.
- PC 350 SE/360, possible G4ME 0/1, the mention of weak bass scares me a bit though.
- TB Ear Force Z Seven, can't find any reviews/test of them that say anything else than "these sound good", which also happens for the other headsets.
- MMX 300, a bit expensive, so if I can get something with a bit better performance per price, then that will be more interesting.

As for soundcards, I'm currently considering at some point in this year making a mITX build with either ASUS Maximus VI Impact, MSI Z87I Gaming AC or whatever next generation equivalent is, so there wont be room for an internal one.

My use is a mix of immersion and competitiveness in various games (lots of Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm and Arma 3 atm), plus mainly electronic (I'm probably effing it up in regards to genres) music (Mitis, Pendulum, Deadmau5 etc.) plus some rock (Disturbed, Sabaton, Kings of Leon) and other (Massive Attack, The Prodigy).

My experience is with an Icemat (Steelseries) Siberia and my current Logitech G35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back