Looking for good earphones
Dec 29, 2008 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Enzyte

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, first post here, and I was wondering what a good-quality earphone would be. The main points to the earphones I want are:

∙Noise-canceling (to that degree)
∙Great audio quality
∙Comfortable
∙Durable
∙$30 range

That's really all. I'm not an expert on headphones, so I don't really know what to look at. All of my previous headphones have shorted out on me, too, which is why I want something pretty durable.

Thanks in advance for any help or tips!

Dec 29, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 9
With $30 you won't get good audio quality...

But you can get headphones that have a good price/performance ratio.

Just like the
Creative Ep-630 / Sennheiser cx 300
or
Koss the Plug
or
JVC FX 33 (marshmelow) / JVC FX 66 (air cushion)

Well that's it for this price range from me. And by the way don't get any of those Skull-Candy's they are the worst headphones ever...

Dec 29, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 9
Taikero, you're a funny guy hahaha.
And well, I'm looking for something in the $30 range. About $30-$40.
I don't care about like $42, but something in that range would be nice.

Dec 30, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #5 of 9
I have never listened to JBuds J2, but these new $25 earphones seem very promising.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enzyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All of my previous headphones have shorted out on me, too, which is why I want something pretty durable.

If you want your earphones to last, you have to carry them in a small sturdy case, it is as simple as that. Whatever you spend in a pair of earphones, if you just cram them into your pocket, they will eventually break. Quote:

Originally Posted by div /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koss The Plug (...) don't get any of those Skull-Candy's they are the worst headphones ever

Actually, Skullcandy Ink'd are notably better than Koss The Plug.

Dec 30, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bombyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, Skullcandy Ink'd are notably better than Koss The Plug.

If this is true, Koss The Plug must be the new low in audio. My Ink'd are worse than iBuds. And yes, I have tested it.

Dec 30, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Ink'd are worse than iBuds.

iBuds have neither bass nor isolation, whereas Ink'd have plenty of both, it is like comparing apples and oranges. So yes, by your standards, Koss The Plug must be pretty low.

Dec 30, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bombyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iBuds have neither bass nor isolation, whereas Ink'd have plenty of both, it is like comparing apples and oranges. So yes, by your standards, Koss The Plug must be pretty low.

Agreed. The Skullcandy Ink'd are far better than ibuds. Haven't tried the Koss the Plug, but I've heard enough about them. Also, aside from sound, the marshmallows suck in terms of comfort. The foam tips are pretty hard and I dislike foam in general. The Skullcandy Ink'd have some of the most comfortable tips I've ever worn(the medium size). The Smokin Buds are comfortable, but isolation and SQ us not as good as the Ink'd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back