Looking for CD Player Recommendations ($200 Budget)
Dec 26, 2023 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Waxletter

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

Currently looking for a CD player to use in my desk setup (Schiit Valhalla 2, Sennheiser HD300 Pro). I was planning on getting a Moondrop Discdream but had to refund it due to a production issue. I'm more interested in quality than aesthetics, but a smaller player with some glass to see the CD while it is spinning would be nice. My budget is $200, and I'm fine with getting used/vintage so long as the product works reliably. Built-in DAC is preferable.

Any advice?

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 5
eBay is loaded with used CD players, it were I would look.

Dec 27, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #3 of 5
Hello all,

Currently looking for a CD player to use in my desk setup (Schiit Valhalla 2, Sennheiser HD300 Pro). I was planning on getting a Moondrop Discdream but had to refund it due to a production issue. I'm more interested in quality than aesthetics, but a smaller player with some glass to see the CD while it is spinning would be nice. My budget is $200, and I'm fine with getting used/vintage so long as the product works reliably. Built-in DAC is preferable.

Any advice?
Can I ask what the issue with the Moondrop DD was? I've been looking into getting one...

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 5
Can I ask what the issue with the Moondrop DD was? I've been looking into getting one...
Sure!

I ordered it on black friday because of a sale, but the player still hasn't started shipping. The website (Shenzen Audio) said that they weren't sure when they could start getting units out, so I'm looking for alternatives. It wasn't an issue with a player arriving broken if that's what you're asking.

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #5 of 5
Sure!

I ordered it on black friday because of a sale, but the player still hasn't started shipping. The website (Shenzen Audio) said that they weren't sure when they could start getting units out, so I'm looking for alternatives. It wasn't an issue with a player arriving broken if that's what you're asking.
Ahh, I see, what a shame that they can't deliver.
I did read it as you had received it with some kind of defect, but I'm actually glad that it's "only" a supply issue.
I hope you find an alternative 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back