Looking for best small speakers plus subwoofer
Jul 3, 2022 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Noobzilla

100+ Head-Fier
Checking for other recommendations in case I missed other good candidates.

I've narrowed my top pick to Ruark MR1 mk2 speakers (have to order from Canada and shipped to U.S.) and SVS 3000 Micro subs. Ruark sells battery pack so thats nice extra feature. SVS 3000 is small so I can also move it although it seems overkill to pair an 800w sub with 20w speakers. Also very expensive set up.

Second option is Audioengine A2+ speakers and SVS 1000 or RSL Speedwoofer 10S subs

Budget option is Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speaker and subs.

Desktop space is very limited so looking for something no bigger than the A2+.

Jul 22, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #4 of 6
Harbeth/Dynaudio/Kef+ Rel

Jul 22, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #5 of 6
I moved my KEF subwoofer from the living room to my work area to test if I really would want subs. I realize that big bass is actually distracting for work. Looks like I'll actually be content with not getting a sub for my work area.

I'm currently just blasting music through my spare headphones that I don't care much about. I have it hanging behind my monitor. Sounds way better than my work ThinkPad's speakers.

Jul 23, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 6
How about Harman Kardon's Soundsticks. It's got a smaller footprint. Yeah I know what you mean by the subs. Had a 2.1 system years ago and could do a decent sound level since the sub keeps bothering other coworkers.... Relegated to headphones instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back