looking for best portable amp for senn hd800
Sep 24, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 6
I use mine with the Desktop Portable almost every day and love it.

You'll have to wait for someone else to come along for an unbiased opinion, but the Desktop Portable is pretty much the best portable out there ... nobody is quite crazy enough to build something like it.

Sep 27, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #3 of 6
I also use the Desktop Portable and really like it.
I also have the X-CAN V3 for several years now at home which is really a very nice amp for the money, but I think I like the HD800 with the Desktop Portable better.

-- Sanjay

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use mine with the Desktop Portable almost every day and love it.

You'll have to wait for someone else to come along for an unbiased opinion, but the Desktop Portable is pretty much the best portable out there ... nobody is quite crazy enough to build something like it.

how is the dac sq on your portable headroom desktop, is it 24 bit,
i hear they have good dac's, also i cant decide between this portable one or the regular dac/amp for 999,, i love the interconnects,, im betting the sq is the same on these two units. what you think?
--one thing which they dont have and ive been looking for is an optical line out with volume control if this is possible, not the thru
thanks

Nov 18, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by techenvy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is the dac sq on your portable headroom desktop, is it 24 bit,
i hear they have good dac's, also i cant decide between this portable one or the regular dac/amp for 999,, i love the interconnects,, im betting the sq is the same on these two units. what you think?

No, upsampling so it's a 16 bit DAC, and the sound quality is quite similar to our standard Desktop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by techenvy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
--one thing which they dont have and ive been looking for is an optical line out with volume control if this is possible, not the thru
thanks

headscratch.gif

A volume controlled digital optical digital line out!? Optical implies digital, and to controll the volume there would be a bit of a trick; I don't know of such a product, though some of the very new high-end digital pre-amps probably do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back