looking for audiophile quality headphones under 300
Dec 16, 2014 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dylanmcbean0819

New Head-Fier
i am new to these forum and i am looking for a gateway pair of headphones to introduce me to the magic of quality music. The only "quality" pair of iems that i have had are the havi b3 pros. I love the havis and i think they have very good sound quality for that price range. What I am looking for now is a quality pair of over-the-ear style headphones, typically to be used for walking around my house and to be used in school. The headphones that i have been interested in so far are the vmoda crossfade m100, sony mdr1rbt and the sennheiser momentums. All of these headhones are great but i am just looking for some more suggestions. the type of music that i typically listen to would be chillstep, top hits, and the occasional classical music. i like the really tight bass and crisp highs that just add emotion to any type of music you listen to. Please reply, i am open to suggestions.

P.s. i use my lg g2 to listen to music, i do not currently have an amp but I am looking into a schiit

Dec 16, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 8
I'm getting the Focal Spirit Professional soon. It's one of the most neutral and accurate headphones out there - much better than the ones you listed. At retail, it's $349, but I've seen it brand new (just without a few accessories) for as low as $215 on eBay.

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 8
thankyou for the suggestion I will definitely take these under consideration. I have just looked at a couple reviews and noticed that they are indeed very well balanced, sort of like the m50s on steroids.

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 8
  thankyou for the suggestion I will definitely take these under consideration. I have just looked at a couple reviews and noticed that they are indeed very well balanced, sort of like the m50s on steroids.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/yamaha-high-fidelity-premium-studio-monitor-headphones-37-ohms-impedance/reviews/10400
The yamaha mt220 is another contender. Theres a mini comparison with the focal pros near the end of the review by the way.

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #5 of 8
  i am new to these forum and i am looking for a gateway pair of headphones to introduce me to the magic of quality music. The only "quality" pair of iems that i have had are the havi b3 pros. I love the havis and i think they have very good sound quality for that price range. What I am looking for now is a quality pair of over-the-ear style headphones, typically to be used for walking around my house and to be used in school. The headphones that i have been interested in so far are the vmoda crossfade m100, sony mdr1rbt and the sennheiser momentums. All of these headhones are great but i am just looking for some more suggestions. the type of music that i typically listen to would be chillstep, top hits, and the occasional classical music. i like the really tight bass and crisp highs that just add emotion to any type of music you listen to. Please reply, i am open to suggestions.

P.s. i use my lg g2 to listen to music, i do not currently have an amp but I am looking into a schiit

Is there anything you don't like about the havi b3s?

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #8 of 8
the havis have very good sound quality for the price, i have only had the standard apple iems so to me the havis perform great. for someone who is used to iems like the ie80s, the havis may not be as great. i am sort of new to the audiophile world so i am going to link you to 2 great youtubers whom you may have seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD1hHlSlTxA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsIXZU9mENM
i would highly reccomend the pro 1 over the pro 2 unless you're a pure basshead and only care for bass.
i own the pro 1 and i must say that the bass is not very giving but definately does not lack any

Users who are viewing this thread

Back