Looking For Audeze LCD-2 Warmth With HiFiMan Comfort
Jun 4, 2020 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

E8ArmyDiver

100+ Head-Fier
Hello HF it's been a while,hope everyone's doing well...So I am moving abroad at the end of the year & have gone from my beloved tube Integrated Amp/DAC to a solid state Creek Audio Evolution 50A integrated amp with the Ruby2 DAC Board...
The headphone circuit is designed for low impedence(50ohms>)cans & my well used & loved HiFiMan HE400i's sound good but have lost a touch of warmth..I tried the Audeze LCD-2 & the sound was sublime but god the weight killed my neck in 15 minutes time..Is there anything out there like the 400i with a bit more warmth without sacrificing the amazing clarity & comfort or an LCD-2 with HiFiMan comfort?
Budget to $750.00 but if I don't have to spend that much I won't complain..Thanks much,take care everyone...

PS:How about a cable change?Is there a recommended cable that will warm things up without messing everything else up?
What about higher up the HFM lineup,Sundara or 560?

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 5
Try the MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open. I own the 400i and love them, but the Aeon Flow Open adds a touch of bass impact that I was after.

You should also look into new pads for your 400i's or at least take the ones you have off and put them back on with the thickest part of the pad forward instead of in the back. It changes the driver angle a bit and might give you a bit more bass. Worth a shot since it's free and easy to do.

Jun 4, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 5
Second for Aeon Open.

Jun 7, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 5
Been doing some research & am going to try a set of new Sundara's.Just couldn't justify the price difference with the Flow based on everything I read & experience with my 400i's..Thanks much..

Jul 3, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #5 of 5
I know what you mean about the weight of the Audeeze headphones. A couple of weeks ago, I auditioned four sets of headphones, one being the LCD-2. Very nice but it was a hot day, sounded OK, but the weight combined with very hot ears was just too much. Ended up getting the Focal Elears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back