Looking for amp for Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 ohm version
Jul 24, 2014 at 1:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

stryfe

New Head-Fier
I've bought 2 items now and I'm not impressed so far.  (Bravo v2 tube amp) FiiO USB DAC/AMP.  Both of these just don't power these headphones well enough for me.  Earbuds I have yeah, they power those like you wouldn't believe.  With that said I'm debating on dumping this setup and getting the Schiit Audio DAC (Modi)  and the Asgard 2 AMP.   I want the headphones to basically jump off my head when I hear the bass (LOUD! Ears bleeding almost!) .  I typically do FPS games but I do listen to a wide variety of music.  Would the Asgard 2 be TOO powerful of an amp for those headphones or a good match for them? According to one site I found the wattage rating is 100mW and the Asgard 2 does I believe 380 mW RMS at MAX @ 300 ohms.  If I am on the right track I'll go ahead and get this combo and sell off what I can or use it for something else.

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #2 of 4
The Asgard 2 will not be too powerful. You don't have to turn it up until where the headphones start distorting. The Magni would also have a lot of power to drive those headphones.

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #3 of 4
Will that amp still give me the desired sound I'm looking for?  I know it's slightly less powerful than the Asgard 2 and I would love to have something that will give me room to grow.  The days of using low ohm headphones are over ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back