Looking for a quiet laptop mouse (go forth and waste my money head-fi)
Oct 7, 2007 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

icantusefizz

Head-Fier
Yes it is another "spend my money" thread.

I need a new mouse for my laptop, I would prefer wireless but retractable usb works for me too. Also, i would like it to be relatively silent when clicking. No spending limit but lets keep it reasonable
smily_headphones1.gif

For those among us who are only capable of reading bullet points:

-Silent clicking mouse
-Wireless or retractable usb
-I already know about the thanko silent mouse and the buffalo mouse on audiocubes so i'd like to hear about other options.
-Will be used with laptop so size is a factor

Thanks guys,
-Mike

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #2 of 13
The wireless Apple Mighty Mouse might fit the bill if your laptop has Bluetooth. It uses touch sensors instead of mechanical buttons.

Although I don't know if the internal speaker can be disabled.

Oct 7, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The wireless Apple Mighty Mouse might fit the bill if your laptop has Bluetooth. It uses touch sensors instead of mechanical buttons.

Will it work with non Apple systems?

Oct 7, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 13
It's not particularly silent but I use the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 4000 (who thinks up these names?!) and I can't recommend it highly enough. It's small, it uses one rechargeable AAA, the battery lasts for weeks of use and it has a side-scroll on the wheel. You can find it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Wi.../dp/B000AATBDM

Oct 10, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It has an internal speaker? :O

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will it work with non Apple systems?

Should work.

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #8 of 13
Lots of good ideas. So the apple mouse sounds like a pretty interesting one, i think i may take one for the team (team click-haters) and buy the apple mouse just so i can give it a review.

I hate to contribute to the steve jobs vacation fund but hey, what can you do.

Thanks everybody, More ideas still welcome!

-Fizz

Oct 12, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by icantusefizz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lots of good ideas. So the apple mouse sounds like a pretty interesting one, i think i may take one for the team (team click-haters) and buy the apple mouse just so i can give it a review.

I hate to contribute to the steve jobs vacation fund but hey, what can you do.

Thanks everybody, More ideas still welcome!

-Fizz

Well, my sister has the Mighty Mouse, so if I find it unattended I'll give it a whirl. So far I've only used it enough to know that I really don't like the little scroll ball.

Oct 15, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #13 of 13
well, retractable usb and "notebook" mice kinda limit your choices. i'm not a big fan of the so called "notebook" mice.

i like full size, so:

for wireless, check out logitech. they have just about the best wireless laser mouse. G7, I think?

for non-retractable usb: check out logitech as well. and razer. accurate and pretty silent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back