Looking for a pair of standmounted speakers
Oct 3, 2003 at 1:30 AM Post #16 of 24
I have been using the VR-1 with my ASL Tulip 2A3 amp, putting out around 3.5 watts, and they sound amazing. Bass is fantastic and the soundsatge and imaging are the very best i have ever heard on any monitor speaker. these are among the very best speakers I have ever heard and I do not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for any type of speaker in any price range.

Oct 4, 2003 at 11:22 PM Post #17 of 24
Just saw announced in a recent issue of Hi-Fi News, NHT Super Audio SB2 standmount speaker, its bass extension is quoted as 51 Hz. UK retail price is 400 pounds/pair, which usually translates to US$600-800...nope, looks like you can get 'em for half that, I forgot they were a US brand:

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_...s.jsp?cid=2362

...hmmm...may have to get a pair of these myself, at that price. (Puts it on his wishlist.)

EDIT: Sorry, I went looking after the fact and these do not appear to be new. And the links on the page I linked to indicate discontinued. I suck.

Oct 4, 2003 at 11:55 PM Post #18 of 24
The VR-1 are still tops on my list, as well as the Proac 2s. These will be my only pair of speakers and will have to last me quite a while. After all, they're not like headphones where I can have a couple of pairs. I have neither the space nor money for that, unfortunately.

I'm also looking at some new tube amps, something in the 40-50wpc range so I can have more options with my speaker selection. It would be great if I can swing for something like the Cary SLI 80, which would also be a fantastic headamp. We'll see how much money I can raise by Nov.

Thanks for the suggestion Dusty. Keep 'em coming.

Woohoo!!! One more post and I finally hit the 1000 mark!!!

Oct 6, 2003 at 7:27 AM Post #19 of 24
You really should hear the CAV-50 with K1000's.

Its honestly the only time i've truly liked the k1k's.

Oct 6, 2003 at 5:08 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by yidimsum
Whoa, that looks like an exact Sonus Faber clone. I wonder how they get away with that. From selling pirated CDs to pirated speakers......

My thoughts exactly, but much cheaper (under 2k delivered with marble base stands). I wonder how they sound.

Oct 6, 2003 at 11:40 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
My thoughts exactly, but much cheaper (under 2k delivered with marble base stands). I wonder how they sound.

Yup, noticed that also. Still can't find any review on these speakers though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back