Looking for a new DAC (5k, 2nd hand OK) ... need feedback!
May 10, 2023 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DrTibo

New Head-Fier
I know ... the question has been asked a million times ... but i'll ask it again.
I made a list of DACs that (from what i read online) gets really good feedback, and most of them can be found new or (most of the time) 2ndhand, for ca. 5k.
I'd love to get feedback from those who have real life experience with those DACs or even better who had a chance to compare some of them.
Here is my list (google doc): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ge2QVc1jbi2bf1q4N7QfjbofvCYo2Mv9Ay4pw9cmpQU/edit?usp=sharing

Background information:
My system is the following:
Loudspeaker: Spendor sp100r2
Amplifier: Grandinote Shinai
Source: Lumin D2 (with Tidal and Quobuz)
Headphones: Meze Audio Empyrean
Headphones amplifier: Ifi micro iDSD signature
Cable: Cheap van den hul clearwater
Main purifier: Puritan PSM 156
Shelves: Solid Tech Rack of Silence

I like all genres of music (from pink floyd to Jean Michelle Jarre, Bjork, Juliette Armanet, vivaldi, Golfrapp, Aurora, lots of classical Piano, Jazz ...) I listen to music to relax, have fun, not to analyze it. I like when it is emotional, I don't want to analyze my system nor the recordings. That being said, i like it when the sound is clear, when it feels like a veil has been removed, when there is clear separation, great sound staggging, deep bass and beautiful voices ...
I know ... i said i don't analyze (and i try to) ... and actually when i start to analyze this is when i know that there is a problem with my system (for instance i go crazy when the stereo imaging is not good!) ...

thanks for your help!

Thibault

May 12, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #3 of 4
What he :point_up_2: said. Invest also on a good HiFI switch + FMC like a LHY SW-10.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back