Looking for a Good Set of Headphones (Preferrably Bluetooth)
Oct 23, 2014 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Sowilo

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I've been researching for my first set of high quality headphones, and I've been having trouble deciding on what to get.

My max budget is $400, though ideally less than $300 (or about as cheap as possible, you know how it is). I'm a huge Sennheiser fan, and I've run through a lot of earbuds in the past (Sennheiser, Bose, Shure, all over $100), but the problem is that I'm really rough on my earbuds and one of the buds always stops working after about 6 months. I think I replaced my Bose earbuds under warranty for free at least 8 times before they got rid of the warranty at Best Buy (this was a couple years ago, and I've been sticking with the Apple earpods since then). I loved my Sennheisers until they discontinued the model I preferred, so I've been looking for something similar in sound quality.

I tried the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro's, and loved the sound of those but didn't like how heavy the cable was and I had some issues with a faint hissing at certain tones. I have really sensitive ears (to the point where 25% volume is way too loud), so tiny inconsistencies like that are really noticeable to me.

So, Question: Are there any Bluetooth, around the ear headphones that have a really good sound quality? I saw the Sennheiser MM550-X but I haven't really seen any reviews for them, and the Parrot's look awesome but I'm a bit leery about the battery life on those.

And final background info: I live in a college dorm so noise cancellation/isolation is really important, and my main uses for my headphones are listening to music and sometimes gaming. They need to be able to connect to Windows 8.1, Android 4.4 (and hopefully 5 so I can actually keep them for a long while), and IOS 8.

Any recommendations would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back