Looking for a decent pair of headphones for Gaming and Music + Microphone recommendations
Dec 14, 2014 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MattyFillz

New Head-Fier
Hi, i'm looking for a good pair of headphones that I will be using for allot of gaming and Music. Budget is $288. I would prefer a pair of open back headphones and I have been told that the AD700X is a good pair of phones but they don't have allot of bass. Don't know if it matters but I do have a Turtle Beach ear force DSS dac. I'm also looking for a USB mic don't really know what to pick up, the headphones are more important but I still want a good quality mic. If any one can help me out it would be much appreciated

Thanks! 

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 6
Id give philips fidelio x1/x2 a consideration. Really nice, easy to drive, headphone that i enjoyed gaming with before :)

Dec 14, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 6
  Hi, i'm looking for a good pair of headphones that I will be using for allot of gaming and Music. Budget is $288. I would prefer a pair of open back headphones and I have been told that the AD700X is a good pair of phones but they don't have allot of bass. Don't know if it matters but I do have a Turtle Beach ear force DSS dac. I'm also looking for a USB mic don't really know what to pick up, the headphones are more important but I still want a good quality mic. If any one can help me out it would be much appreciated

Thanks! 

The ATH-AD900X should offer more bass then the ATH-AD700X.
Asus Xonar DG or DGX is a low cost sound card option.

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 6
Ok thanks! I have it whittled down too 2 different pairs of phones. The AKG K240 studio's and the ad900x. I should probably know the answer haha, Any opinions on which is better? 

Thanks!

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #5 of 6
  Ok thanks! I have it whittled down too 2 different pairs of phones. The AKG K240 studio's and the ad900x. I should probably know the answer haha, Any opinions on which is better? 

Thanks!

I own the K242HD, fairlty decent headphones, but I'm thinking tha AD900Xs would be better.
Better audio quality and easier to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back