Looking for 4 channel amp
Mar 8, 2010 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

EYEdROP

500+ Head-Fier
Hello people. I need a headphone amp with 4 outputs so me and my friends can listen to our headphones together at the same time. It will also make comparing headphones easier for me. Ive been looking at the pro audio amps such as ATI, Behringer, RANE, SM Pro, etc.... but Im not sure if they match the quality of a high end "audiophile" amp.

The amp must have lots and lots of current because all of our headphones are low impedance (my beyers. grados, etc...). Voltage swing is NOT as important. I just need lots of power in each channel. I tried a 60mW at 100 ohm amp with my Beyers, and my Sansa Clip was actually more powerful. It probably dosent help that the beyers are 25 ohms. But still.

Anyways, Ive been considering these:

SM Pro Audio SM Pro Audio HP-6E Enhanced 6 Channel Headphone Amp Headphone Amplifiers at Markertek.com

Amazon.com: PreSonus HP4 4-Channel Compact Headphone Amplifier: Musical Instruments

As far as the general sound, id like the amp to have lots of bass impact and extension and a transparent, accurate midrange. Treble and soundstage is where I can sacrifice.

Im really hoping to get some decent advice since my last two threads didnt get much love... Please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back