Logitech UE 6000 vs Sol Republic Master Tracks (Bass Reduction EQ too) vs Momentum On Ear
Jul 3, 2014 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

aznsparks

New Head-Fier
Now, I have fairly large ears so I had to drop the Monster Inspiration which was down to $98 here in Canada. The last three go:
UE6000 is down to $120 where I live
Master Tracks are down to $125 as I'm visiting the US, but can't buy online from US retailers
Momentum down to $150, same situation as Master Tracks

I'm looking for a portable, otherwise I'd consider the M50, as the M50x is more expensive, and the COP is never on sale.

Now, as far as I know:

UE6000: Likely most comfortable, don't care about ANC but I'll use it if I'm on a plane and the extra bass will help with the low freq. sounds emitted by the plane or I'll use Bass reduction. Most of the time will use in passive mode. Not super easy to find anymore

Sol Republic: With Bass Reduction EQ they should be as good as the Master Tracks XC, but a little less bright. I occasionally found the Skullcandy Aviator too sibilant, so that's fine and at half the price I don't think the XC is worth it, although I'm not sure about EQ vs what Sol has done with the XC making it really good. However I like Bass, and the bass will stay at similar levels to the M50 after EQ. Not sure on comfort, but I can try them out at best buy. 

Momentum: Like the sound signature, again nice and warm which I like in a portable. Don't know much else.

How are the three for EDM? I listen to EDM, however not purely bass, as I like a lot of liquid stuff too. I listen to a little rap and jazz, so I would like a bit of an all-rounder. How do they do for clarity and soundstage, in terms of a closed headphone, and about the points I listed for each?

EDIT: Should I consider the Aurvana Live! 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back