Logitech squeezebox touch
Oct 5, 2011 at 8:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Hifianddrumming

500+ Head-Fier
 I've been really looking into this lately, and just wondering if anyone else can vouch for sound and user interface/friendliness? The reviews on amazon are glowing but I want to be sure :) Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in  advance :)

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 10
I recently purchase one and I love it. I hooked up to a my file server running Squeezebox Server and I either control it via the Touchscreen, my smart phone, or from a browser. The Touch can also control other Squeezebox clients  you may have.

Currently it's part of my 2 channel speaker rig connected to a AMB y2 DAC via coax, but the built in dac also sounds really good. I can stream my mp3/FLAC files, listen to internet radio, pandora/spotify etc. My favorite part is the screen also acts as a digital picture frame when it's off and streams pictures from my Flikr account.

I really works the best on a wired connection although mine is working perfectly wirelessly via an external router. 

The downside is sometimes the server or client software can be buggy and updates frequently break certain features. I suggest once you get it up and running turn off all auto updates.

Let me know how you plan on integrating it into your existing system and I can give you more detailed tips.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #3 of 10
 Unfortunately I'm not quite that proficient in the knowledge of the basis of squeezebox technology (that was a mouthful). I don't have a computer, but I pretty much have the iMac downstairs as my own. But before bed, or when I just want to lie back in my room and listen to music, I have no computer. I can't really afford a laptop, but I figured I could stream my music from downstairs.Hook it up via USB out to my Fiio E7 and E9 and to my Grados. It will get more complicated later, but for now, that's my simple setup. Any info/advice on how and if the squeezebox would work is greatly appreciated :)

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #4 of 10
I've got is since it came out; great machine, especially because you can add a DAC to enhance sound quality.
This is a forum dedicated to squeezebox products.
Also there are some threads her, search.

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 10
That will work too as long as the computer is on.

So iMac > wireless router > Squeezebox Touch > Fiio E7/E9 > headphones 

Quote:
 Unfortunately I'm not quite that proficient in the knowledge of the basis of squeezebox technology (that was a mouthful). I don't have a computer, but I pretty much have the iMac downstairs as my own. But before bed, or when I just want to lie back in my room and listen to music, I have no computer. I can't really afford a laptop, but I figured I could stream my music from downstairs.Hook it up via USB out to my Fiio E7 and E9 and to my Grados. It will get more complicated later, but for now, that's my simple setup. Any info/advice on how and if the squeezebox would work is greatly appreciated :)

Oct 6, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
 I've been really looking into this lately, and just wondering if anyone else can vouch for sound and user interface/friendliness? The reviews on amazon are glowing but I want to be sure :) Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in  advance :)

I have SB Touch for a few months now. It's a great piece of equipment, very user-friendly interface, easy to install and to navigate through remote , computer or mobile phone.
As for the sound quality the built-in DAC sounds good, but the sound is very flat to my ears. It's best to use external DAC as Touch is supposed to be a very good transport.

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Actually the computer does not have to be on if all you want to do is stream music from one of the various internet radios. The wireless router would have to be on.

Also, no need for a PC if you choose to stream your music from wireless NAS drive.

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
Actually the computer does not have to be on if all you want to do is stream music from one of the various internet radios. The wireless router would have to be on.

Profile pic :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back