Little rant for Paypal system mishap
Mar 31, 2018 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

justhavingfun

500+ Head-Fier
I have been member of the Head-fi for very long time. When I first started to use Paypal system, it went smooth for number of years. And most of the members here wanted to utilize the Paypal system due to instant payment. All these digital transactions like Paypal system is great way to conduct business until someone hacked your Paypal system and starts a very messy scams. For few years I utilize the Paypal key-code system to generate the access code every time you log in. And now I opted to use two steps verification using login info along with smartphone text message. However, I found out during my recent investigation, the hackers now have ability to intercept your text messages to trump the two step verification. Be very careful to install any smartphone apps other than reputable programmers or companies.

I got hacked twice. I do not know how they did it but it made some mess which I had to cleanup contacting all my transactions making sure they all get paid properly. The hackers are not enough to just take money but also cancel some transactions probably to throw off investigation. Some of you may got my messages when inquiring about the potential purchases that I requested if I can pay them using USPS money orders instead of Paypal payment recently. Even though it is much more slow to complete the transactions, many of you accepted to conduct business using the snail mail system without any problems. Few times I used the Paypal system recently, someone got access to my Paypal account and I had to clean up the messes that they made for me. This post is to warn other members for potential problems and if Paypal suspect the suspicious activities in your account at their discretion, your account will be froze until THEY are satisfied, not you. I will never link my checking account to Paypal system any more and trying not use Paypal if I can help it. I know great many of you used Paypal without any issues but just be vigilant when you access your account. Be safe out there.

My "rant" over and getting back to listening to my music.:smile_phones::smile_phones::smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back