Little Dot MK II resistors random channel imbalance
May 3, 2022 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Majoox

Head-Fier
Hey,

I normally only use 600 ohm headphones and never have to change anything on the gain settings (switches inside) of the Little Dot MK II. With 75 ohms it looks different, therefore I have reduced the gain as described in the manual, so various pre-resistors are packed directly before the output in the signal path, which are normally not active.

But now it is noticeable that without being able to reproduce it, sometimes the voices slip completely to the left or right and it then takes a few seconds until that corrects itself again. Looks to me like a capacitor with 20% tolerance, which then changes the high frequency range at 1 kHz, which is why it is particularly noticeable in the voices. The only strange thing is that this does not normally occur and only the resistors come into question. But they usually have 1% tolerance, right? There is a schematic on the Internet, but it does not look correct to me.

Does anyone have an idea?

May 6, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #2 of 2
I would like to reveal a possible solution: After a closer look, the resistors are not at the output, but regulate the input signal down. This also makes much more sense. The resistors need a certain operating time until it works properly. After three minutes of completely normal voice playback at the beginning on every fireup, the stereo center remains and everything is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back