Listening to Superlux hd-330's..those and hd-660's are cheap as chips and are the business!
Aug 24, 2023 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

squidman

100+ Head-Fier
In the mountains, on my backup pc (15 years old), and gotta say, straight outta the back they don't sound too bad! Just bought a pair of hi-fi man planar magnetic cans, off drop, forget which version, but they don't sound significantly better than these super, cheap-as-chip chinese cans. These really do the business, as did my previous hd-660's. Which were replacements for Beyer dt-770's of course. Still have all of them, from akg k271s to closed back, all very good, to beyer dt-770's and of course the new hi-fi man planar magnetics. And gotta say, it may be one thing if you have a good headphone amp driving them, but straight the back of the pc, can't hear that much difference. And these superluxe's rock! What great value for the dollar! And what great sound! They're the business mate! And cheap as chips! Stew over that while I make myself a cuppa!
Have been going a bit apeshit on the old facebook recommending them, but christ, can't really go wrong with superlux can you? Especially if you're a bit tight.
Ok maybe have been reading a bit too much Andy McNab lately! But damn what a great buy! Not significantly worse than any of my high-end cans.

Aug 24, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 4
Well my AKG cans don't qualify as high-end, neither do my Beyer dt-770's, but maybe my hi-fi man planar magnetic cans which came in at around 300 usd.

Aug 24, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 4
In the mountains, on my backup pc (15 years old), and gotta say, straight outta the back they don't sound too bad! Just bought a pair of hi-fi man planar magnetic cans, off drop, forget which version, but they don't sound significantly better than these super, cheap-as-chip chinese cans. These really do the business, as did my previous hd-660's. Which were replacements for Beyer dt-770's of course. Still have all of them, from akg k271s to closed back, all very good, to beyer dt-770's and of course the new hi-fi man planar magnetics. And gotta say, it may be one thing if you have a good headphone amp driving them, but straight the back of the pc, can't hear that much difference. And these superluxe's rock! What great value for the dollar! And what great sound! They're the business mate! And cheap as chips! Stew over that while I make myself a cuppa!
Have been going a bit apeshit on the old facebook recommending them, but christ, can't really go wrong with superlux can you? Especially if you're a bit tight.
Ok maybe have been reading a bit too much Andy McNab lately! But damn what a great buy! Not significantly worse than any of my high-end cans.
The Superlux headphones are tough to better for the money. I have a pair of 681 EVO's that I paid $32US new for a few years back and they are impressive. Especially with a little bit of equalization.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 4
They're frigging great! What amazing value for the monies! Now going all-in hi-fi with planar magnetic headphones, Schiit DAC and amp, but doubt I'll hear that much difference! They're regardless sooo close to Beyerdynamics or AKG's it's not funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back